So my iPhone X decided to get a cracked screen just a week before. I dropped it like I had done countless times before, but this time the right side of the screen went kaput. Because of the timing, I had to swear to a couple of friends that this wasn’t intentional. 😂
Nevertheless I ordered a mini because:
- It’s the cheapest new iPhone.
- It’s small and I have memories of nice one-handed phones.
And it got delivered in like 3 days which is super fast where I am. First impressions:
- The screen is smaller but it’s very easy to get used to it from a X-sized form factor. It doesn’t really feel any smaller.
- If you upgrade every 3 years or so like I do, it’s so nice to see how much our phones improve. Truetone is really sweet. The speakers are much louder. And the display is so much closer to the glass. Tiny year-over-year improvements add up to a lot.
- The new cameras are noticeably better than those of the X. I also got Halide, and will probably try to get some shots with it soon.
- It’s remarkably easy now to get everything up even if you do a clean install. Just install a few apps & sign in.
Pretty excited for this proposal & hope it becomes a reality. Will go really well with functional programming, and no more need for clumsy equality checks. The syntax is also pretty nice!
I love this. And you know there’s a word for it right? Petrichor.
I really wouldn’t mind buying the small iPhone 12. Look how it’s very close to the SE.